Tenant Selection / Leasing
This is our most important job. We have a proven ability and well-tested methods to
find the best tenants for you.
- We require prospective tenants to fill out detailed applications, and obtain credit reports
at no cost to the owner.
- We limit vacancy rates by setting lease terms to best suit this area's prime leasing
- Our staff is knowledgeable in federal and state fair housing requirements. We are an equal
opportunity rental agency.
- We may require increased security deposits or guarantor agreements to insure rental
Maintenance and construction
Our service department is on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in all weather.
We have the experience to handle all maintenance problems.
- We employ an experienced staff. Our three main service personnel have been with our company
for a combined total of over 25 years. It is important to us to provide trusted, diligent, and
skilled workers for you.
- Our rates are competitive. We aim to provide repair and maintenance service that is cost
effective without compromising your property's integrity or the tenants' safety.
- When appropriate, we work closely with outside contractors. We utilize local independent
contractors whose work is outside the parameters of our staff.
- We'll assess the condition of your property. When necessary we solicit bids, hire labor, and
follow through to ensure the job is completed.
Bitterroot Property Management, Inc. benefits from the talents and experience of our staff, we have managed
properties in the Missoula Area since 1980.
- Knowledgeable staff with over 50 years combined experience.
- No start up fees to owners.
- Experienced in all phases of property maintenance.
- Ask about our senior citizen and new construction discounts.
Marketing your property
Bitterroot Property Management, Inc. has been in business for more than thirty-five years
operating in the Missoula and Western Montana rental market. We put our market knowledge to work for
you to obtain optimal rental rates.
- We use a number of cost-effective methods to get the word out when your property is available to
be rented, such as well-targeted newspaper ads, yard signs, our own website and various second party
- Bitterroot Property Management, Inc. has earned the high-regard of our present and former
tenants, granting us the honor of multiple awards as Missoula's best property management company. It
is not uncommon for people to rent two, three, and more times from us. Many people come to us first
when looking for a place to live, based on the recommendations of their friends and relatives.
We aggressively pursue rent collection utilizing all means at our disposal.
- We are knowledgeable of the Montana legal codes pertaining to eviction and know the steps
that must be made in order to secure your rent and your property.
- We promote open communication with our tenants, encouraging them to let us know as soon as
possible of any problems they might have in paying their rent.
After entering expenses associated with your property, we use collected rents to
make the payments for you. We provide monthly statements detailing all income and expenses related
to your property. We, then, pay to you the net income from your property.
- We include notices and invoices for labor and supplies with your statements, so you can
better review your property's expenses.
- We pay attention to the details and review of our work carefully.
- Payments are made to the owner within the same month as the rent is received, usually
between the 10th and 20th of the month.
We make detailed inspections of each rental unit at the time of move-in and at
move-out and any time when there is a special concern.
- The property inspections we conduct are safety oriented.
- Our inspection reports allow us to appropriately charge an outgoing tenant for any damage or
cleaning caused by them.
- An inspection can be used to substantiate cause for eviction when a tenant is misusing a
property or to change the problem behavior of a tenant.